Do you aim high? Are you genuinely helpful? Are you looking for a place where you can make a difference, receive ongoing support and training, and build a rewarding, long-lasting career? Then you may be a good fit for Action Cleaning & Diversified Services, Inc. foremost commercial cleaning service. We’re all about our associates, and as we continue to grow, we’re looking for even more quality people who share our dedication to doing what’s right, improving residents’ quality of life, building great relationships and truly making a difference for their clients, their colleagues and themselves. Is that you? If so, we think you should get to know us. Learn About Action Cleaning & Diversified Services, Inc.
Create a clean and comfortable environment for the loved ones in your home and the clients at your business with Action Cleaning & Diversified Services, Inc. in Charlotte, North Carolina.
Our comprehensive approach to cleaning for you includes a janitorial service for businesses and a cleaning company for your home. We take the time to listen to our customers so that we better understand how to complete our work to their satisfaction. Whether you need your home or your house of worship completely cleaned, we are the team to trust. We also detail cars and clean vacant rental properties in preparation for new tenants.
Our company is licensed and insured, and we clear all of our employees with comprehensive background checks for your safety. Our business has been serving the community for more than 20 years, and we are members of the Metrolina Minority Contractors Association.
Keeping buildings, facilities and restrooms in a clean and orderly condition are a priority. Perform cleaning duties such as floors, shampooing rugs, washing walls and glass, cleaning showers / restrooms and removing rubbish is imperative.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The job duties listed are typical examples of the work performed by positions in this job classification. Not all duties assigned to every position are included, nor is it expected that all positions will be assigned every duty.
- Cleaning floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing or vacuuming them per the prescribed schedule
- Gather and empty trash daily and per schedule
- Service, clean, and supply restrooms daily and per the schedule
- Clean and polish furniture fixtures
- Clean low level windows, glass partitions and mirrors
- Dust furniture, walls, machines and equipment
- Mix water and detergent in containers to prepare cleaning solutions according to specifications
- Steam clean or shampoo carpets as needed or per schedule
- Strip, seal, finish and polish floors as required
- Notify Building Manager or Lead concerning the need or major repair or additions in the common area and file appropriate work order
- Complete appropriate requisition for supplies and equipment as needed for cleaning and maintenance duties
- Setup, arrange and remove decorations, tables, chairs, to prepare facilities for events such as board meetings
- Responsible for maintenance cart and supplies on maintenance cart (cart must be stored out of sight when not in use)
- Ensure all safety precautions are followed while performing work
- Be courteous and pleasant to residents at all times
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as assigned
Additional Duties & Responsibilities
- Practice and adhere to Action Cleaning & Diversified Services, Inc. Standards.
- Conduct business at all times with the highest standards of personal, professional and ethical conduct.
- Perform or assist with any operations as required to maintain workflow and to meet schedules. Notify supervision of unusual equipment or operating problems and the need for additional material and supplies.
- May participate in any variety of meetings and work groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, policies, and regulatory guidelines.
- Ensure all safety precautions are followed while performing the work.
- Follow all policies and Standard Operating Procedures as instructed by Management.
- Perform any range of special projects, tasks and other related duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
One year of experience of janitorial or custodial work; High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Proficiencies
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- An ability to follow oral and written directions, keep accurate records, fill out logs and journals, and perform administrative operational functions
- Must be capable of being bonded
Physical Requirements / Working Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must have finger dexterity for typing/using a keyboard
- Must be able to drive to different Company locations if requested
- Some travel may be required
- Work is performed in a variety of environmental conditions, with exposure to outdoor temperatures, weather variations, traffic and equipment noise, equipment vibrations, vehicle and/or chemical fumes, chemicals such as cleaning solvents and grease, machinery and their moving parts and dust.
- Work duties may require the ability to stand or walk on hard surfaces for frequent and prolonged periods of time.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Hours over and above normal office hours will occur, including evenings, holidays, and some weekends. Schedule is subject to change based on business needs.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. This is not an all-inclusive job description; therefore, management has the right to assign or reassign schedules, duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Job Type: Full-time
- janitorial: 2 years (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Charlotte, NC